At FMG we take Health & Safety very seriously. Even our company values put people and safety at the heart of what we do. We have a dedicated Health & Safety Manager, and a Health & Safety Policy that is signed by and endorsed by our directors.
An outline of our Heath & Safety Policy is shown below:
Forest Management Group is committed to creating an environment that promotes worker, visitor, and contractor health and safety. This will be achieved by:
- Safeguarding workers, visitors and contractors from unnecessary risks/hazards; and where such risks/hazards cannot be eliminated, the exposure will be minimised and monitored.
- Ensuring that safe working practices are carried out at all time and this includes the use of safety equipment and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Ensure that vehicles, equipment, property and work sites are designed, operated and maintained in a safe condition.
- Ensuring that safety rules and regulations are understood and strictly observed.
- Monitor Heath and Safety performance and recognise this where required.
- Ensure that all workers are adequately trained and if necessary supervised.
- The completion of periodic audits of Health and Safety systems and procedures.
- Encouraging feedback, consultation and participation from workers and contractors.
- Clearly defining worker and PCBU responsibilities.
- Support the safe and early return to work of injured employees.
- Adopting a process of continuous improvement.
Workers will be expected to:
- Ensure all operations carried out to best industry practice including the Workplace New Zealand “Approved Code of Practice for Safety and Health in Forest Operations 2012”.
- Use safety and protective equipment as required by Worksafe New Zealand codes.
- Not interfere with any device or protective equipment.
- Report and record any new significant risk/hazard, injury or illness, accident in an accurate and timely manner.
- Repair any defective equipment or ensure any unsafe or defective equipment is locked out.
Requirements of Legislation:
- Ensure that all workers and all contractors follow the responsibilities set out under the Health and Safety Work Act 2015, and its Regulations (2016).
- Ensure that all workers and all contractors follow the responsibilities set out under the Hazardous Substances and New Organisms Act 1996 and Regulations.